Medicinska nyheter för läkare från de största internationella medicinska tidskrifterna som uppdateras automatiskt via RSS-flöden. Klicka på rubrikerna för att se de fem senaste medicinska nyheterna från respektive tidskrift.
- [Editorial] No ifs, no buts, no follow-on milk
Regulation of the marketing of breastmilk substitutes is a cornerstone of global action on breastfeeding; the International Code of Marketing of Breast-Milk Substitutes was drafted in 1981 amid widesp …
- [Editorial] Learning Together to improve children's health
Bringing general practitioner (GP) and paediatric trainees together for shared training could improve children's health care says a new position paper published jointly by the UK's Royal Col …
- [Obituary] Thomas Herald Rea
Dermatologist and renowned leprologist. Born in Three Rivers, MI, USA, on May 12, 1929, he died of cancer in La Cañada Flintridge, CA, USA, on Feb 7, 2016, aged 86 years.
- [Correspondence] Breastfeeding in the 21st century
The Lancet's Series on breastfeeding1,2 purported that comprehensive benefits of breastfeeding—notably a reduction in mortality of 823 000 annual deaths—rely almost entirely on observational data …
- [World Report] Doubts over India's deadline to defeat lymphatic filariasis
India aims to announce the elimination of lymphatic filariasis by the end of this year. But some experts believe it is not on track to do so. Sophie Cousins reports from Sunathara, Odisha, India.
- Acute Varicocele Revealing Renal Cancer
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 374, Issue 21, Page 2075-2075, May 2016.
- Considering the Common Good — The View from Seven Miles Up
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 374, Issue 21, Page 2006-2007, May 2016.
- Zika and the Risk of Microcephaly
New England Journal of Medicine, Ahead of Print.
- Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 374, Issue 21, Page 2095-2097, May 2016.
- Repressing Immunity in Autoimmune Disease
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 374, Issue 21, Page 2090-2092, May 2016.
- Three new treatments for diabetes recommended by NICE
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has published final guidance recommending three drugs—canagliflozin (Invokana), dapagliflozin (Forxiga), and empagliflozin (Jardiance)—as.. …
- Bariatric surgery should be an option for treating type 2 diabetes, societies say
Bariatric surgery should be included in guidelines as a treatment option for people with type 2 diabetes and obesity, leading diabetes societies have recommended in a joint statement that formally… …
- Money back guarantees for non-reproducible results?
Money back guarantees are generally unheard of in biomedicine and healthcare. Recently, the US provider Geisenger Health System, in Pennsylvania, started a programme to give patients their money back. …
- Sixty seconds on . . . gardening
Is someone leading us up the garden path?You may scoff, but a new UK report (http://bit.ly/1TEIPk8) has found that putting the rake and secateurs to use improves mental and physical health at all… …
- NHS regulator will do fewer inspections as budgets are cut
Providers of health services in England will be inspected less often and in less depth if they are considered to be performing well, under plans by the NHS regulator the Care Quality Commission to… …
Error: Feed has an error or is not valid
Svenska medicinska nyheter