Medicinska nyheter för läkare från de största internationella medicinska tidskrifterna som uppdateras automatiskt via RSS-flöden. Klicka på rubrikerna för att se de fem senaste medicinska nyheterna från respektive tidskrift.
- [Editorial] Securing a fairer deal for children
As American philosopher John Rawls noted in A Theory of Justice, “The natural distribution is neither just nor unjust; nor is it unjust that persons are born into society at some particular position. …
- [Editorial] Strong stewardship to fight antimicrobial resistance
Antibiotics have undoubtedly revolutionised medicine. However, widespread use of antimicrobial drugs in medicine and agriculture has spurred the evolution of pan-resistant bacterial strains. With few …
- [Correspondence] Partial breast irradiation and the GEC-ESTRO trial
The results of the GEC-ESTRO phase 3 trial1 add to the growing body of level I evidence supporting accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI), as an equal alternative to whole breast irradiation (W …
- [Correspondence] Objection to chronic disease based restrictions during the Hajj
The call by Saber Yezli and colleagues (Feb 27, p 845)1 to restrict the Hajj pilgrimage based on non-communicable diseases (NCDs) is extremely disturbing to many Muslims. The Hajj is a deep, spiritual …
- [Correspondence] Partial breast irradiation and the GEC-ESTRO trial – Authors' reply
We thank the correspondents for their comments on our study.1 However, we are not convinced that the results of the GEC-ESTRO and TARGIT-A trials have relevant similarities.
- The Value of Urgent Specialized Care for TIA and Minor Stroke
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 374, Issue 16, Page 1577-1579, April 2016.
- Managing Procedural Anxiety in Children
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 374, Issue 16, April 2016.
- One-Year Risk of Stroke after Transient Ischemic Attack or Minor Stroke
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 374, Issue 16, Page 1533-1542, April 2016.
- Nitrates in Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 374, Issue 16, Page 1587-1589, April 2016.
- Possible Subclinical Leaflet Thrombosis in Bioprosthetic Aortic Valves
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 374, Issue 16, Page 1590-1592, April 2016.
- Underweight patients have higher risk of death after myocardial infarction, study finds
After acute myocardial infarction (AMI) underweight patients have a higher risk of death than normal weight patients, even after adjustment for comorbidities and measures that assess cachexia and… …
- UK scientists would lose money and influence under “Brexit,” says Lords report
Leaving the European Union would cost UK scientists money and influence, says a report by the House of Lords Science and Technology Committee.1Research funding is one of the few areas where the… …
- Lack of consultant obstetrician is not associated with worse outcomes in babies, UK study shows
No difference was found in maternal or neonatal morbidity according to whether a baby was delivered in normal working hours with a consultant present on the labour ward or delivered out of hours when. …
- Metformin is backed as first line therapy for type 2 diabetes
The use of metformin as first line therapy for type 2 diabetes has been supported by a comprehensive systematic review and meta-analysis, given its relative safety and its beneficial effects on… …
- Sixty seconds on . . . Mind the Rota Gap
Have junior doctors started working for London Underground?With the dispute over their new contract, who could blame them? But no, Mind the Rota Gap [#mindtherotagap] is a campaign highlighting how… …
Error: Feed has an error or is not valid
Svenska medicinska nyheter