Medicinska nyheter för läkare från de största internationella medicinska tidskrifterna som uppdateras automatiskt via RSS-flöden. Klicka på rubrikerna för att se de fem senaste medicinska nyheterna från respektive tidskrift.
- [Comment] Ageing, health, and social care: reframing the discussion
The current age structure of the UK population is radically different from that at inception of the National Health Service (NHS) in 1948, and health inequalities are widening fastest in people aged 6 …
- [Editorial] Growing older with congenital heart disease
Advances in cardiac surgery and postoperative care during the past few decades mean that more people with congenital heart disease are living longer with a better quality of life. Despite this progres …
- [Editorial] Migrant crisis in the Mediterranean
In October, 2014, the British Government quietly announced its decision to withdraw support for Mare Nostrum, a search and rescue operation for migrants in the Mediterranean Sea. “We do not support pl …
- [Correspondence] Risk factors for and origins of COPD
Dirkje Postma and colleagues (March 7, p 899)1 provide a very informative overview of the origins of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphasising the importance of early life respiratory …
- [Correspondence] Informed use of bedaquiline for tuberculosis
The Viewpoint by Laia Ruiz Mingote and colleagues1 raises safety concerns regarding bedaquiline in treatment shortening trials for pan-resistant tuberculosis (tuberculosis that is susceptible to all f …
- Improvement and Decline in Vision with Gene Therapy in Childhood Blindness
New England Journal of Medicine, Ahead of Print.
- Virtual Visits — Confronting the Challenges of Telemedicine
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 372, Issue 18, Page 1684-1685, April 2015.
- Paraneoplastic Neuromyotonia
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 372, Issue 18, April 2015.
- Progesterone in Traumatic Brain Injury
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 372, Issue 18, Page 1765-1767, April 2015.
- Acute Hydrophilic-Polymer Nephropathy and Acute Renal Failure
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 372, Issue 18, Page 1775-1776, April 2015.
- Sustained statin use is associated with lower risk of death in lung cancer patients, study shows
Patients with lung cancer who have had more than 12 prescriptions for statins after their cancer diagnosis have a significantly lower risk of death from the disease than lung cancer patients who… …
- Women, children, and global public health: beyond the millennium development goals
In this Analysis article (BMJ 2015;350:h1755, doi:10.1136/bmj.h1755), the millennium development goal for reducing maternal mortality was incorrectly described as goal three, when it was actually… …
- Diagnosis by subterfuge
She was referred from another part of Britain because of undiagnosed postural hypotension. My boss was an expert. We gathered round her bed to discuss what should be done.She was a well presented… …
- How to stop making a crisis out of a drama: towards better portrayal of mental ill health in television and film
Consider famous depictions of psychiatry in television and film drama over the past 50 years. Many examples have reinforced negative stereotypes of people with mental illness, such as violence,… …
- A man with rust coloured urine and normocytic anaemia
A 65 year old man presented to the emergency department with a 10 day history of dark urine, general malaise, and progressive shortness of breath. He had a history of rheumatic heart disease and had.. …
Error: Feed has an error or is not valid
Svenska medicinska nyheter