Medicinska nyheter för läkare från de största internationella medicinska tidskrifterna som uppdateras automatiskt via RSS-flöden. Klicka på rubrikerna för att se de fem senaste medicinska nyheterna från respektive tidskrift.
- [Comment] Precision medicine in rheumatology: are we getting closer?
The overarching aim of precision (also referred to as personalised) medicine is to identify the best possible management approach for an individual with a certain disease. The main prerequisite for su …
- [Comment] Metabolic surgery versus conventional therapy in type 2 diabetes
In The Lancet, Geltrude Mingrone and colleagues report their trial in which they randomly assigned patients to metabolic surgery or medical therapy for type 2 diabetes.1 60 white European patients (32 …
- [Correspondence] Considering dose in pharmacological therapies for heart failure – Authors' reply
The contemporary trials in heart failure with reduced ejection fraction (HFrEF) included in our analysis1 tested a strategy of titrating therapies to a target dose (as tolerated) and many participants …
- [Editorial] COVID-19: the intersection of education and health
What lessons does the COVID-19 syndemic offer when considering the convergence between health and education? The International Day of Education, on Jan 24, provides an opportunity to reflect on the we …
- [World Report] CEPI criticised for lack of transparency
The publicly funded epidemic response agency CEPI has been criticised for the lack of transparency in its grant agreements with COVID-19 vaccine developers. Ann Danaiya Usher reports.
New England Journal of Medicine
- Renewed Threat of Nuclear Holocaust Requires Physician Activism
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 384, Issue 3, Page 292-292, January 2021.
- Case 2-2021: A 26-Year-Old Pregnant Woman with Ventricular Tachycardia and Shock
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 384, Issue 3, Page 272-282, January 2021.
- Treatment by CRISPR-Cas9 Gene Editing — A Proof of Principle
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 384, Issue 3, Page 286-287, January 2021.
- Polypills — A Central Strategy for Improving Cardiovascular Health
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 384, Issue 3, Page 288-289, January 2021.
- Audio Interview: An International Look at Covid-19
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 384, Issue 3, January 2021.
- Covid-19: Reports from Israel suggest one dose of Pfizer vaccine could be less effective than expected
Concerns have been raised over how much protection a single dose of the Pfizer BioNTech covid-19 vaccine provides, following reports from Israel that it is much lower than expected.Israel, which,… …
- How is the pandemic affecting non-covid services?
“One of the operating suites that normally does routine surgery has been converted into a 12 bed intensive care unit. We’re doing very little routine work, and we’re struggling to try to get some of.. …
- Now is not the time to change GP contract, leaders agree
The BMA and NHS England have agreed that only minor changes will be made to the GP contract in England from April this year. In addition, there will be funding increases for practices and primary… …
- Authors’ reply to Solȷak, Robson and colleagues, and Kelly
We are grateful for the interest shown in our paper and for the responses on The BMJ website and on social media.1Soljak emphasises the importance of occupation, both as a marker of social class and.. …
- Covid-19: What is happening with the vaccine rollout?
How many people have been vaccinated in the UK?As of 21 January,1 4.7m vaccinations have been given in England (4.3m of which were first doses), Wales had given 190 435 first dose vaccinations, and… …
- Health Care Is a Right, Not a Privilege
Two fundamental questions about health care in the US remain unanswered: is health care a right or a privilege and, relatedly, is the US committed to ensuring that every individual has access to some …
- Intravenous Thrombolysis Before Endovascular Thrombectomy for Acute Ischemic Stroke
The 2 reperfusion therapies of proven benefit for acute ischemic stroke, mechanical endovascular thrombectomy (EVT) and pharmacologic intravenous thrombolysis (IVT), have complementary advantages. EVT …
- Initiating Pharmacologic Treatment in Tobacco-Dependent Adults
This JAMA Clinical Guidelines Synopsis summarizes the American Thoracic Society’s 2020 recommendations for treating tobacco dependence with pharmacologic therapy in adults.
- First Drug Approved for Rare Genetic Disorder Affecting Kidneys
The first treatment for the rare metabolic disease primary hyperoxaluria type 1 (PH1) has received FDA approval.
- Effect of Tidal Volume on Pulmonary Outcomes After Surgery
To the Editor In the article by Dr Karalapillai and colleagues, more than 20% of the patients underwent spinal surgery in a prone surgical position. Mechanical ventilation in the prone position homoge …