Medicinska nyheter för läkare från de största internationella medicinska tidskrifterna som uppdateras automatiskt via RSS-flöden. Klicka på rubrikerna för att se de fem senaste medicinska nyheterna från respektive tidskrift.
- [Editorial] Gross negligence manslaughter
An independent review of gross negligence manslaughter (GNM) and culpable homicide, published on June 6, describes how the conduct of the General Medical Council (GMC) relating to the case of Hadiza B …
- [Correspondence] The Paris Fire Brigade response to the 2018 Champs-Elysées riots
Following the announcement of an increase in fuel taxes in November, 2018, France was hit by a month of rioting on a scale not seen since 2005.1 Although most of the protests by the so-called yellow v …
- [Editorial] Stonewall: 50 years of fighting for their lives
A single image survives of the early morning hours of June 28, 1969. The grainy black and white photograph is a juxtaposition: a macramé vest, eyes wide, the sheen of sweat on young faces, the officer …
- [World Report] Head of Indian Affairs Foundation fired in Brazil
The move is the latest in a series of measures prioritising agriculture business over the health of Indigenous populations in the country. Barbara Fraser reports.
- [World Report] Ebola outbreak not a PHEIC, says WHO
WHO's expert panel's decision came as a surprise to many global health experts, as some worry insufficient funding threatens the response. John Zarocostas reports.
New England Journal of Medicine
- Medicaid Work Requirements — Results from the First Year in Arkansas
New England Journal of Medicine, Ahead of Print.
- Bag-Mask Ventilation during Tracheal Intubation of Critically Ill Adults
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 380, Issue 25, Page 2480-2482, June 2019.
- Nonnarcotic Methods of Pain Management
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 380, Issue 25, Page 2440-2448, June 2019.
- Sustainable Discovery and Development of Antibiotics — Is a Nonprofit Approach the Future?
New England Journal of Medicine, Ahead of Print.
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 380, Issue 25, Page 2449-2459, June 2019.
- Fighting loneliness with architecture, agencies, and activities
Make no mistake: loneliness is a killer.12 In our systematic review, depression was the most strongly evidenced consequence for mental health, but many other disorders could contribute to the higher.. …
- Migrant charging in the NHS: how doctors can support patients when hospital care is denied
This Feature (BMJ 2019;365:l2281, doi:10.1136/bmj.l2281) has an error in the fifth paragraph of the section titled “Risks of discrimination.” The hospital trust in which 541 women were charged for… …
- NHS needs to “cross the rubicon” of explaining service closures to patients, regional health boss says
The NHS still needs to work out how to explain service closures to patients, the leader of a local health system has said.Pat Flaherty, sustainability and transformation partnership lead for… …
- Boosting morale: good job, junior
Nearly three years ago, Rimmer reported that senior doctors needed to do more to boost the morale of junior doctors.1I am nearing the end of my first year working in medicine, and there is one… …
- BMA to hold conference on gender bias in response to sexism allegations
The BMA will co-host its first conference on gender bias with the Medical Women’s Federation this November, the association’s chair of council, Chaand Nagpaul, has announced.Speaking at the BMA’s… …
- Setting Positive End-Expiratory Pressure in Mechanically Ventilated Patients Undergoing Surgery
What is the optimal level of positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP) for patients receiving mechanical ventilation? Despite decades of investigations, this question continues to be discussed among res …
- USPSTF Guideline: Screening for HIV Infection
This 2019 Recommendation Statement from the US Preventive Services Task Force recommends screening for HIV infection in adolescents and adults aged 15 to 65 years and in younger adolescents and older …
- Putting the New Alzheimer Disease Amyloid, Tau, Neurodegeneration Diagnostic System to the Test
The field of neurodegenerative dementias, particularly Alzheimer disease (AD), has been limited by challenges in accurate diagnosis, but has recently been potentially revolutionized by the development …
- Missing Information on Sample Size
In the Original Investigation entitled “Effect of Piperacillin-Tazobactam vs Meropenem on 30-Day Mortality for Patients With E coli or Klebsiella pneumoniae Bloodstream Infection and Ceftriaxone Resis …
- UN: All-out Effort Needed to Combat Antimicrobial Resistance
In a new report, the United Nations Interagency Coordination Group urges action against mounting resistance to antimicrobial agents that could lead to as many as 10 million deaths annually by 2050.