Medicinska nyheter för läkare från de största internationella medicinska tidskrifterna som uppdateras automatiskt via RSS-flöden. Klicka på rubrikerna för att se de fem senaste medicinska nyheterna från respektive tidskrift.
- [Correspondence] Quality assurance of remote clinical assessments in the NHS
COVID-19 has accelerated the proportion of digital patient consultations across community and hospital settings, bringing both challenge and opportunity to health-care organisations and their staff. W …
- [Editorial] Tobacco control: far from the finish line
Tobacco control is working—slowly. The number of people smoking worldwide has declined and tobacco-attributable deaths are falling. This progress is evident in WHO's fourth report on internationa …
- [Clinical Picture] Unexplained uterine atrophy following neoadjuvant chemotherapy in fertility sparing management of cervical cancer
A 31-year-old nulliparous woman attended our hospital for treatment of squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix. She had previously presented with vaginal bleeding and a 28 mm lesion had been found on cl …
- [Obituary] Michael Llewellyn Rutter
First professor of child psychiatry in the UK. He was born in Brummana, Lebanon, on Aug 15, 1933, and died of cancer in London, UK, on Oct 23, 2021, aged 88 years.
- [Department of Error] Department of Error
Prasad A. Stephani Hatch: rethinking power in health-care research. Lancet 2021; 398: 1559—In this Profile, the second sentence of the fourth paragraph has been corrected to read “…Health and Social E …
New England Journal of Medicine
- A “Fluid” Diagnosis
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 385, Issue 23, Page 2180-2185, December 2021.
- Receipt of mRNA Vaccine against Covid-19 and Myocarditis
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 385, Issue 23, Page 2189-2190, December 2021.
- Mycophenolate Mofetil for Immune Thrombocytopenia
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 385, Issue 23, Page 2200-2202, December 2021.
- Benefits and Risks of Iron Interventions in Infants in Bangladesh
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 385, Issue 23, Page 2198-2199, December 2021.
- Randomized Trial of Cytoreductive Surgery for Relapsed Ovarian Cancer
New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 385, Issue 23, Page 2123-2131, December 2021.
- Covid-19: FDA expert panel recommends authorising molnupiravir but also voices concerns
An advisory panel of experts has voted by 13 to 10 to recommend that the US Food and Drug Administration should grant an emergency authorisation to Merck’s molnupiravir (Lagevrio), an antiviral for… …
- Covid-19: GPs need extra staff and capacity to deliver accelerated booster programme, say leaders
General practice will require extra staff and capacity to offer covid-19 booster vaccines to everyone over the age of 18 by the end of January, primary care leaders have warned.On 30 November, the UK. …
- Strengthening routine polio vaccination in Afghanistan
We respond to the lifting of the polio vaccination ban in Afghanistan from a humanitarian health perspective.1 The crucial importance of developing protective mechanisms against severe and harsh… …
- Plans to reform adult social care fall short of promises, say critics
The government’s long awaited proposals on adult social care have been criticised for failing to tackle the current high levels of unmet need and workforce shortages.The white paper for social care… …
- Minerva . . . and other stories
Promoting weight loss in people with diabetesMost people with type 2 diabetes need to lose weight to improve their cardiovascular risk and reduce the need for medication. Unfortunately, as an… …
- Patient Information: Acne Treatment
This JAMA Patient Page describes acne and the various forms of treatment for this skin condition.
- Taking Down the Shingle
In this narrative medicine essay, a psychiatrist reflects on the lasting effects of her practice after it closes, understanding that its memory will be preserved by her patients.
- Daily COVID-19 Tests Compared With Isolation After School Exposure
Daily testing of students exposed to COVID-19 at school could be a safe alternative to home isolation, a study in The Lancet suggests. The approach allows students to attend school and may reduce othe …
- Virtual Care Mitigates Pain and Drug Errors After Surgery
In a trial conducted during the COVID-19 pandemic, virtual care with remote automated monitoring (RAM) increased drug error detection and correction and decreased pain among patients discharged home a …
- Contraception Requirements in Clinical Trials
This Viewpoint proposes a risk-based approach toward contraception use in clinical trials of investigational products, which could improve access and inclusivity for individuals with pregnancy potenti …